- Delicious TV - http://delicioustv.com -
Raspberry Corn Sunburst Muffins
Posted By Produce Department On April 20, 2013 @ 5:37 am In Breakfast,For the Kids,Good Mornings | 3 Comments
by Terry Hope Romero 
Check out her new cookbook Vegan Eats World 
Watch this recipe on Delicious TV’s Vegan Mashup 
It’s the middle of a blizzard in February, but writing about these crunchy, corny fruity muffins has me hoping for spring.
Sunny sweet corn and bright juicy raspberries join forces that will pour buckets of sunshine into your morning. Use fresh organic raspberries when possible, but frozen organic berries work just as well before and after the too brief raspberry season; never thaw frozen berries for baking, just fold them directly in the batter before filling the muffin tins and slide into a preheated oven immediately.
Baking tip: White whole wheat flour is a delicate whole wheat flour with a lighter flavor and texture than standard whole wheat flour, but with all the germ and bran of the old fashioned stuff.
1 ⅓ cups white whole wheat flour
¾ cup cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 ⅓ cup almond milk
2 teaspoons lime juice
3 tablespoons ground golden flax seed
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, preferably olive or canola/olive blend
1/3 cup dark agave nectar
1 ½ cups frozen raspberries, keep frozen until ready to add to batter
¼ cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line the cups with muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt and form a well in the center. In a small bowl stir together almond milk and lime and set aside for 1 minute to curdle. Whisk in juice, flax seed, oil and agave nectar.
3. Pour the liquids into the flour mixture and stir only just enough to moisten the ingredients, but don’t overmix. Fold in the raspberries and use an ice cream scoop to distribute the batter equally into the muffin cups. Bake immediately for 26 to 28 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out mostly clean.
4. Cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin, then gently transfer to a cooling rack.
Article printed from Delicious TV: http://delicioustv.com
URL to article: http://delicioustv.com/2013/04/raspberry-corn-sunburst-muffins/
URLs in this post:
 Terry Hope Romero: http://veganlatina.com/
 Vegan Eats World: http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Eats-World-International-Savoring/dp/0738214868
 Delicious TV’s Vegan Mashup: http://bit.ly/11VDL1v
Copyright 2011 DeliciousTV.com. All rights reserved.