by guest Chef Elizabeth Fraser Creator of Girl Gone Raw
Serves 4 (approx. 32-36 raviolis) Cook / prep time: 20 minutes
1 cup of cashews, soaked 1-2 hours
1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast – optional
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 Tablespoons dried dill or 1/4 cup fresh dill
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 to 3/4 cup of water
1 to 2 medium large beets
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 to 3 cloves of garlic
1. Place all RAWvioli filling ingredients in a high speed blender & blend until smooth & creamy.
2. Place filling mixture in a bowl.
3. Wash your beets and trim off tops and bottoms. Leave your beets as they are or square them by slicing a little off each side to shape them into a square.
4. Set your mandolin to a thin setting (1/16″) and slice away. You will need 64 beet slices. Save leftover beet pieces for a salad or the juicer.
5. Get out 4 plates. Drizzle a little olive oil onto each plate with some minced garlic.
6. Place 8 beet slices on each plate. Spoon a little RAWvioli filling onto the center of each beet piece, then place another beet piece on top to seal it. Repeat until you have 32 RAWviolis.
7. Leave 1 to 2 tablespoons of RAWvioli filling in the bowl, mix in 2 or 3 tablespoons of water, then drizzle thinned mixture over RAWviolis. Sprinkle dill or micro greens on top to garnish. Serve and eat up! RAWLISH!
by Miyoko Schinner author of Artisan Vegan Cheese and the The New Now and Zen Epicure. Here’s a recipe that is traditionally made using an oil-based roux. I’ve veganized it and made it oil-free! If you’re gluten-free, just substitute fat rice noodles for the udon. Serves 4 cooking time 20 minutes Curry Sauce: […]
by Toni Fiore, the author of the Totally Vegetarian cookbook Serves 4-6 Cooking time 40 minutes Ingredients 2 to 4 tablespoons refined coconut oil 1 large yellow onion, diced 1 green pepper, diced 1 yellow pepper, diced 2 packages tempeh any style, crumbled 1 tablespoon garlic powder 2 tablespoons chili powder 1 teaspoon cumin (ground) […]
By Miyoko Schinner author of Artisan Vegan Cheese and the The New Now and Zen Epicure. This tempeh is juicy on the inside, crisp on the outside, and the sauce is a beautiful balance of fall flavors. Serves 6 Cooking time one hour The Tempeh: 1 lb. Tempeh, cut into pieces about 2” by 3” […]
Recipe Reprinted with permission from: Vegan Chocolate: Unapologetically Luscious and Decadent Dairy-Free Desserts, by Fran Costigan, ©2013, Running Press, a member of the Perseus Books Group Makes About 30 (1-inch / 2.5-cm) Truffles Classic chocolate truffles are sinfully indulgent, melt-in-your-mouth, bite-sized confections made from ganache (an emulsion of chocolate and heavy cream). Truffles sometimes include […]