— Delicious TV (@delicioustv) April 7, 2015
Toni Fiore makes her Tempeh Dijon recipe on VegEZ
@Patricia My husband and I have been making our smoothies for the past 4 years with the magic bullet it's the best for us.
Caught a show on WPSU Love it! Wish I was more ambitious cooking wise. I'm real handy with the other stuff.
Love the show! Keep up the good work! We only recently learned of your show and we couldn't be happier. Why can't Food Network and Cooking Channel have some similar shows? There are far more vegans out there than they think!
Just saw on MPBN a recipe for a casserole that had cauliflower and squash. It looked so delicious I could almost smell it! How can I get the recipe for this?
Good Evening! Several months ago while visiting with a friend, we watched a portion of your show in which the following ingredients were used: 3T olive oil; 1T sherry vinegar; pinch salt; fennel; orange; edemame; vege broth; chili powder; paprika; 3 cloves garlic; soy sauce; liquid smoke. It may a bit much to ask, but do you remember the recipe these foods are for?
Hello, In NZ Oon Choice TV there is a food hour at 4pm everyday with corpse coking programmes;
Can you promote your programmes to them as an ethical and healthy alternative?
I just discovered that you exist. I'm so glad to finally see a cooking channel for us vegetarians. No offense to the cooking channel or the food network.
I just discovered that you exist and glad to see there is finally a cooking show for us vegetarians; no offense to the cooking channel or the food network. Vera Gottschalk, firstname.lastname@example.org.
@wtrent Yes because it will sprout.
Actually, canola oil is a hybrid of rapeseed oil that has been used for cooking for generations. Unlike rapeseed oil, canola oil is very low is erucic acid which is the main constituent of concern. Canola oil is not a by product of the petroleum industry. It's from a plant.
Canola oil itself is very healthy. It has an omega 6 to omega 3 ratio of 2:1 and a high smoke point. It's also flavorless which makes it good for cooking. Very low in saturated fat and heart healthy. During the Lyon Heart Health study it was canola oil, not olive oil that reduced the incidence of heart disease .
I love Vegan Mash Up! Great show!. I just donated for season 2.
1. It is not a food and was never intended for human consumption. Canola is a genetically engineered plant developed in Canada from the Rapeseed Plant, which is part of the mustard family of plants.
2. By nature, rapeseed oil is toxic to humans and other animals and was never meant to be used for human consumption . The correct name for Canola oil is “Lear” oil (Low Erucic Acid Rape) or Rape Oil and is used mainly for lubricant and fuel sap, as a base for synthetic rubber, and is used as a substance for the glossy effect in magazines or other paper products. The word canola comes from “Canada” Oil” and is not a naturally grown plant.
3. Why is it used? It is extremely cheap to grow and harvest. The Canadian government paid the FDA $50 million to have rapeseed registered and categorized as being safe for humans to consume, according to – ‘John Thomas’ book, “Young Again”.
4. It is toxic! and related to symptoms of Emphysema, Respiratory distress, anemia, constipation, and irritability. Rape seed oil is used in China for stir-frying and was found to emit cancer-causing chemicals from the smoke, causing lung cancer, according to the Wall Street Journal (June 7, 1995).
5. It causes blindness in animals and Mad Cow Disease! According to John Thomas’ book, Young Again, in 1986-1991 England and Europe fed rape seed to cows, pigs, and sheep who later went blind and began attacking people (Mad Cow Disease). After discontinuing the rape seed (canola oil) the attacks and blindness stopped. It was banned in Europe in 1991. The FDA is still allowing it to be used in thousands of products in the U.S. We are putting it in our bodies every day!! Wow that is certainly Scary!!
6. Research at the University of Florida-Gainesville, determined that as much as 4.6% of all fatty acids in Canola are “trans” isomers (plastic) due to the refining process. It has a tendency to inhibit the proper metabolism of foods and blocks our normal enzyme function, and could cause destruction of the myelitis sheath that surrounds our nerves, for protection. It is known as a Trans Acid, and many are labeled Hydrogenated or partially Hydrogenated oils. These should all be avoided and totally eliminated from your diet. The adverse health effect are cumulative. Many times it takes 10 years before symptoms manifest.
7. It is found in many processed foods, margarine, peanut butter, breads, and almost all potato chips.
8. It forms latex-like substances that causes red blood corpuscles to clump together.
9. Rats developed fatty degeneration of heart, kidney, adrenals and thyroid glands. When the Canola oil was withdrawn from their diet, the deposits dissolved, but scar tissue remained on the organs.
10. Rape oil is a source of the chemical warfare agent mustard gas. It was banned after blistering the lungs and skins of hundreds of thousands of soldiers and civilians during WWII. There have been recent reports that it was again used in the Gulf War.
11. Canola Oil is the #1 ingredient in toxic chemical pesticides according to the Health Ranger. The EPA has now officially classified it as bio-pesticide, meaning; having “low chronic toxicities”, but no studies have been performed on the toxic effects on human beings.
12. Canola (Rapeseed) is on the 10 Top list of GMO’s, according to NaturalNews. It is one of the most chemically altered foods in the U.S. diet – chemically removed from rapeseed, deodorized and altered.Those that defend the use of Canola Oil argue that canola oil was used for centuries by the Chinese and Indians with no ill effect, but the big difference is they used unrefined oil for cooking purposes.
Well people eat it, though to me the deeper question is what is any vegetable oil, because try as I might I will never be able to squeeze grease out of a plant, even fresh ground peanut butter does not separate into oil like the store bought natural kind. If you can explain... thanks. Obviously I have seen refineries near large farms in the Midwest. I still don't know what they do.
Canola oil is hybridized, not genetically engineered. Doesn't pose the same risks as rapeseed oil, and has a very high smoke point. It's not a whole food or something that should be taken in large quantity. But again to reiterate, it was very effective in preventing second heart attacks in the Lyons Health Study and reducing heart disease in mortality in Finland. http://www.nutritionheart.com/canola-oil-health/
Hi~I love the show. I'm trying to eat better and your program really helps. My problem is, I can't write fast enough to keep up with the show. At the end of the programming today they said something about an E-book that we can download. Where would I find that on your site? Heidi Strohm
PS~Because of you and Christina Cooks I have lost almost 40 lbs. Yeah for ME! =+}
@Heidi Thank You! The recipes are on our blog. http://delicioustv.com/blog/ We're working on an e-cookbook for early next year.
@solar savings Thank you!
@The Speed FamilyHey There, Sorry you're uncomfortable with Canola Oil. The chefs choose their own ingredients to cook with, but if you feel uncomfortable with it by all means use another vegetable oil in it's place. As far as we know Conala oil has been found safe to use.
You can read about it here: http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/canola.asp
Betsy Carson, Producer
We've two public television stations in Tulsa. One has recently begun showing "Vegan Mashup." ...just finished watching the program. We're "almost" vegan; we've been vegetarians for over 25 years. Many of the recipes looked/sounded wonderful! As we're retired, and on Social Security -- the ingredients are cost prohibitive. Oh well, we thoroughly enjoyed watching the various cooks.
Best do some homework on canola oil. It's nasty stuff; we've not had it in our home for a decade or more.
When first introduced to Canola, as most if us did, we sought out this "healthy oil". Josh what a let down to discover it's true properties.
I read several articles - medical to foods not to use - about the disgusting way canola oil is made. Canola is a by-product of the oil industry. Yuck!! Since then, we've used vegetable, sesame, olive oils to bake and/or cook. We've not had canola oil in our kitchen in years!!! Be healthy, Shannon!!